Embrace HTTP with ASP.NET Web API
This chapter discusses some of the HTTP concepts that have traditionally been neglected or were difficult to work with in ASP.NET, but are now easy to implement with ASP.NET Web API. By taking advantage of some of them you can immediately benefit by having a more flexible, client-friendly, and maintainable application.
You will learn how to do the following:
- Work with HttpRequestMessage (Recipe 6-1)
- Support partial GET requests (Recipe 6-2)
- Support less common HTTP verbs such as HEAD and PATCH (Recipes 6-3 and 6-4)
- Introduce HTTP batching (Recipe 6-5)
- Enable automatic 406 response from content negotiation ...