Best practices in using WCF services
Here are a few points you should keep in mind while using WCF services:
- Don't put proxies in a
- Use the
FaultExceptions class for handling service exceptions. You should use the
FaultContracts class to return error information to the service consumers.
- Use message logging to log service operations.
- It is always preferable to use a per call instance model.
- Use WCF tools, such as
- You should protect logfiles from unauthorized access, and the logfiles should not contain sensitive information.
- Use a proper authentication mechanism to authenticate service consumers.
- Use string passwords, and protect access to the credential store.
- Use IIS to host your ...