Chapter 3 - How Joins Work Inside the Aster Engine
“Every sunrise is a second chance.”
Aster Join Quiz
Which Statement is NOT true?
1. Each Table in Aster has a Distribution Key, unless it is replicated.
2. The Distribution Key is the mechanism that allows Aster to physically distribute the rows of a table across the vworkers using a Hash Formula and the Hash Map.
3. Each vworker Sorts its rows by the Distribution Key, unless it is a Partitioned table, and then it sorts first by the Partition and then by Distribution Key.
4. For two rows to be Joined together, Aster insists that both rows are physically on the same vworker.
5. Aster will either Redistribute one or both of the tables to ensure the rows are on the same vworker. Once ...