Your Talent Development Atlas
If you’ve been directing your organization’s talent development effort during the last few years, you might think you’re on a journey without a map. There are few published resources to guide you in a challenge that many experts promise will only become more urgent, and necessary, in the coming years.
Elaine Biech, a legendary leader in training and development, understands the road ahead and has partnered with ATD to present a new book that will point the way—ATD’s Foundations of Talent Development: Launching, Leveraging, and Leading Your Organization's TD Effort.
Biech imbues this comprehensive volume with the energy and passion she has manifested in a career spanning more than three decades. In her hands, you have a trusted adviser who provides guidance, leadership, and direction to your organization. Biech painstakingly guides you over 36 chapters—taking you from developing your talent development strategy, creating an operating plan, and reinforcing your organization’s talent development mindset, through design and delivery, measurement and evaluation, and preparing for the future. No matter where you are in your development, you will be able to pick up this book and select chapters that describe how you can help your organization. What’s more, Biech has included a new customized model to assist you. Plus, she’s invited dozens of her friends and colleagues to contribute—well-known authors, ATD subject matter experts, and icons in the field—to present a cross-section of voices and approaches in the field.
In 2018, ATD celebrates its 75th anniversary by delivering ATD’s Foundations of Talent Development, its first published reference to the profession it leads and supports. Think of this book as your professional atlas.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- I. Identify and Clarify the Organization’s Learning Foundation
- II. Develop a Talent Development Strategy
- III. Create an Operating Plan
- IV. Reinforce an Organizational Talent Development Mindset
- V. Design and Deliver Learning
- VI. Fortify the Learning
- VII. Define and Measure the Impact of Talent Development
- VIII. Prepare for the Future
- Appendix A. Tools, Templates, and Checklists
- Appendix B. Additional Reading and Resources by Chapter
- Appendix C. About the Contributors
- Appendix D. BEST Awards
- About the Author
- Title: ATD’s Foundations of Talent Development: Launching, Leveraging, and Leading Your Organization’s TD Effort
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Association for Talent Development
- ISBN: None
You might also like
Facilitation Skills Training
Help them make the most out of every meeting. Rambling group discussions, tangential concerns, difficult attendees, …
Virtual Training Basics, 2nd Edition
It’s a digital world; is your training up to speed? Build your virtual training skills with …
ASTD Handbook: The Definitive Reference for Training & Development (2nd Edition)
In today’s parlance, smart board is the new chalkboard and for the profession of training and …
Objectives and Key Results
Everything you need to implement Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) effectively Objectives and Key Results is …