Build six real-world AR and MR projects using Google's ARCore
About This Video
- Build interactive, immersive, and beautiful augmented-reality projects using Google's ARCore 1.6
- Implement core features of ARCore such as light estimation, motion tracking, cloud anchoring, and image recognition to make the most of your projects
- Build and design feature rich-projects that showcase face detection, location-based AR, shared AR real-time environments, and hand gesture recognition and detection
Augmented reality is the next big thing. By 2022, it is expected to have a market size of $200 billion. With its huge potential and demand, it has soon found many applications and developers need to become proficient in the field. Google's ARCore might be the long-sought catalyst that augmented reality is looking for.
This course starts you off with augmented reality project development with ARCore 1.4. You will use each of its core features to create your own AR projects. You will first build an AR greeting card application that adds life to characters and images. You will also build and project life-size 3D furniture models like those in the IKEA furniture AR app. You'll design a variety of face masks that you see on Snapchat and Instagram filters. You'll also build location-based AR applications identical to Pokémon Go with ARCore. You'll find yourself in a shared AR experience in real-time with a projectile shooter multiplayer game. Finally you will interact with virtual objects in the real world by using gesture controls without the need for hardware such as the Xbox Kinect.
By the end of the course, you will have become fluent in developing AR applications with ARCore that blend your real and virtual worlds.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available from Github at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/-Augmented-Reality-projects-with-ARCore-1.6
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Setup and Installation
- Chapter 2 : Fundamentals of ARCore
- Chapter 3 : Magic Card – Marker-Based AR Greeting card
- Chapter 4 : AR View – AR 3D Object Visualization Application
- Chapter 5 : Face Spot – Facial Recognition and Filter Based AR Application
- Chapter 6 : XR Maps – Location Based AR Application
- Chapter 7 : Cloud Anchor
- Title: Augmented Reality projects with ARCore 1.6
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789618136