Join TOC’s Author Revolution and “Be the Change” in Publishing
Discover the professional tools, data, and straight talk you need to navigate the new world of publishing as an author or content creator. This video package includes sessions from Author Revolution Day, the special one-day, information-packed event held at O’Reilly’s 2013 Tools of Change (TOC) Conference in New York.
Presented by TOC and Publishers Weekly, this conference-within-a-conference was designed for professional authors, content creators, agents, and independent author service providers who want to learn about publishing opportunities in today’s shifting landscape. Whether you want to explore new routes to market, discover the latest publishing tools, or learn what the innovators are up to, this video will he help you “be the change.”
This insightful video package gives you a front row seat for these sessions:
- Welcome to the Revolution – Cory Doctorow discusses three things creative people must understand if they are to thrive in the digital world.
- The Author Blueprint for Success: What Does it Look Like? – Eve Bridburg, Grub Street founder and executive director, and Porter Anderson, veteran journalist and industry observer
- Give It Away: How Free Digital Content Creates Paid Book Sales – Rob Eagar, consultant for recent New York Times bestsellers
- Radical Advocacy: Literary Agents on Your Side – Jason Allen Ashlock, literary manager and entrepreneur, Movable Type Management
- An IP and Copyright Primer: What You Need to Know in an Ever-Evolving Publishing Landscape – Dana Newman, copyright and intellectual property specialist
- Embracing Data – Laura Dawson, Bowker, bibliographic information management
- Way Beyond the Book: Opportunities for Writers in the Digital Age – Kate Pullinger, award-winning novelist and multimedia creator
- Community-Driven Publishing: Leveraging New Patterns of Content & Audience Development
- How to Put it Together, Part 1: Choosing a Production and Distribution Service
- How to Put it Together, Part 2: Thoughtful Strategies Around Marketing & Discovery