Authorized Self-Study Guide
Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Part 2 (CIPT2)
Foundation learning for CIPT2 exam 642-456
Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 (CIPT2), is a Cisco®-authorized, self-paced learning tool for CCVP® foundation learning. This book provides you with the knowledge needed to install and configure a Cisco Unified Communications Manager solution in a multisite environment. By reading this book, you will gain a thorough understanding of how to apply a dial plan for a multisite environment, configure survivability for remote sites during WAN failure, implement solutions to reduce bandwidth requirements in the IP WAN, enable Call Admission Control (CAC) and automated alternate routing (AAR), and implement device mobility, extension mobility, Cisco Unified Mobility, and voice security.
This book focuses on Cisco Unified CallManager Release 6.0, the call routing and signaling component for the Cisco Unified Communications solution. It also includes H.323 and Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) gateway implementation, the use of a Cisco Unified Border Element, and configuration of Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST), different mobility features, and voice security.
Whether you are preparing for CCVP certification or simply want to gain a better understanding of deploying Cisco Unified Communications Manager in a multisite environment, you will benefit from the foundation information presented in this book.
Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 (CIPT2), is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
Chris Olsen is the president and founder of System Architects, Inc., a training and consulting firm specializing in Cisco, Microsoft, and Novell networking;
IP telephony; and information technologies. Chris has been teaching and consulting in the networking arena for more than 15 years. He currently holds his CCNA®, CCDA®, CCNP®, and CCVP certifications, as well as various Microsoft certifications.
Identify multisite issues and deployment solutions
Implement multisite connections
Apply dial plans for multisite deployments
Examine remote site redundancy options
Deploy Cisco Unified Communications Manager Expressin SRST mode
Implement bandwidth management, call admission control (CAC), and call applications on Cisco IOS® gateways
Configure device, extension mobility, and Cisco unified mobility
Understand cryptographic fundamentals and PKI
Implement security in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
This volume is in the Certification Self-Study Series offered by Cisco Press®. Books in this series provide officially developed self-study solutions to help networking professionals understand technology implementations and prepare for the Cisco Career Certifications examinations.
Category: Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0
Covers: CIPT2 Exam 642-456
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1 Identifying Issues in a Multisite Deployment
- Chapter 2 Identifying Multisite Deployment Solutions
- Chapter 3 Implementing Multisite Connections
- Chapter 4 Implementing a Dial Plan for Multisite Deployments
- Chapter 5 Examining Remote-Site Redundancy Options
- Chapter 6 Implementing Cisco Unified SRST and MGCP Fallback
- Chapter 7 Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express in SRST Mode
- Chapter 8 Implementing Bandwidth Management
- Chapter 9 Implementing Call Admission Control
- Chapter 10 Implementing Call Applications on Cisco IOS Gateways
- Chapter 11 Implementing Device Mobility
- Chapter 12 Implementing Extension Mobility
- Chapter 13 Implementing Cisco Unified Mobility
- Chapter 14 Understanding Cryptographic Fundamentals and PKI
- Chapter 15 Understanding Native CUCM Security Features and CUCM PKI
- Chapter 16 Implementing Security in CUCM
- Appendix A Answers to Chapter Review Questions
- Title: Authorized Self-Study Guide Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 (CIPT2)
- Release date: October 2008
- Publisher(s): Cisco Press
- ISBN: 9781587056147