Chapter 2. Quick-Start Tutorials: Basic Settings and Commands
• Begin a new AutoCAD drawing and make settings for units, limits, grid, and snap.
• Make layers and assign color, linetype, and lineweight to each layer.
• Use function keys to control grid and snap.
• Use the commands Save and Save As to save work.
• Use grips to modify objects.
• Use ORTHO mode to control drawing horizontal and vertical lines.
• Use annotation scale to control how text and other annotative objects appear on drawings and plots.
• Print/plot drawings from a Model tab.
• Correctly use the following commands and settings:
Single Line Text