When the first version of this book was born just over four years ago, my hope was for it to be one book in a long and successful series that would educate, inspire, and even excite many people about using the Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® software. In order to make that happen, I decided that each book in the series had to meet the following criteria:
- It should be basic enough to enable anyone to learn Civil 3D.
- It should be in-depth enough to enable a person to be productive using Civil 3D for basic tasks.
- It should foster understanding by associating the things you do in Civil 3D with familiar things you see every day.
- The examples and exercises should be based on the real world.
- The book should not simply demonstrate random ...