This ebook does not provide access to the companion materials.
Get a jump-start on Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 essentials—with the Essentials!
The new Essentials books from Sybex are beautiful, task-based, full-color Autodesk Official Training Guides that help you get up to speed on Autodesk topics quickly and easily. Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 Essentials thoroughly covers the fundamentals of this popular 3D animation effects, and visualization software, teaching you what you need to become quickly productive.
By following the book's clear explanations, practical tutorials, and step-by-step exercises, you'll cover all the bases. Topics include modeling, animation, rendering, rigging, compositing, and much more. Whether you're an aspiring 3D designer or a professional brushing up on the basics, here is the essential grounding you need in 3ds Max 2012.
- Covers Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 fundamentals, so you become quickly productive with the software
- Uses straightforward explanations and real-world, hands-on exercises and tutorials to teach the software's core features and functions
- Helps you develop the skills you'll need throughout an animation production pipeline, whether you're a beginner or a more experienced user brushing up on the basics
- Uses a task-based approach and covers topics such as polygon modeling, materials and mapping, lighting, using mental ray, HDRI images, and more
- This book is an Autodesk Official Training Guide
If you want to get quickly up to speed on 3ds Max, Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 Essentials is the place to start.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Publisher's Note
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: The 3ds Max Interface
- Chapter 2: Your First 3ds Max Project
- Chapter 3: Modeling in 3ds Max: Part I
- Chapter 4: Modeling in 3ds Max: Part II
- Chapter 5: Animating a Bouncing Ball
- Chapter 6: Animating a Thrown Knife
- Chapter 7: Character Poly Modeling: Part I
- Chapter 8: Character Poly Modeling: Part II
- Chapter 9: Character Poly Modeling: Part III
- Chapter 10: Introduction to Materials: Red Rocket
- Chapter 11: Textures and UV Workflow: The Soldier
- Chapter 12: Character Studio: Rigging
- Chapter 13: Character Studio: Animating
- Chapter 14: Introduction to Lighting: Red Rocket
- Chapter 15: 3ds Max Rendering
- Chapter 16: mental ray and HDRI
- Bonus Chapter 1: Particles
- Title: Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2012 Essentials: AUTODESK OFFICIAL TRAINING GUIDE
- Release date: June 2011
- Publisher(s): Sybex
- ISBN: 9781118016756