Create amazing models with Autodesk 3ds Max Fundamental, and then incorporate these models into Unreal Engine 4 for game development. This comprehensive and entertaining video series will allow you to master modeling and help prepare you for the 3ds Max certification exam to become an Autodesk Certified Professional. There are six clips in this video series:
The really cool music throughout the video series is by Dan Farley, used with permission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn6BUKQlvlA.
- Foundation. This first clip in the series introduces Autodesk 3ds Max. Install Autodesk 3ds Max and become familiar with the interface and viewing options. Create a new scene and learn about editors, tools, and preferences. Learn how to use a reference model and master the most essential shortcuts keys.
- Topology 101. This second clip in the series covers basic topology techniques in Autodesk 3ds Max through creating a shield.
- Topology 201. This third clip in the series covers intermediate topology techniques in Autodesk 3ds Max through creating a sword.
- Topology 301. This fourth clip in the series covers advanced topology techniques in Autodesk 3ds Max through creating a helmet.
- Mapping 3D Models. This fifth clip in the series covers the process of mapping 3D models in Autodesk 3ds Max. UV mapping is discussed and you will practice mapping the shield created in the second video in this series.
- Integrating with Unreal Engine 4. This sixth clip in the series covers exporting our 3ds Max models into Unreal Engine 4 and then texturizing the models. If you need to learn more about Unreal Engine 4, watch Guilherme Rafael’s other video, right here on Safari!