Get the Essentials on Autodesk's fastest-growing software package!
The new Essentials series from Sybex helps you quickly learn and use Autodesk software. This beautiful, task-based, full-color Autodesk Official Training Guide thoroughly covers the fundamentals of Revit Architecture, teaching readers what they need to become quickly productive with this popular building information modeling (BIM) architectural design software.
By following the book's clear explanations, practical tutorials, and step-by-step exercises, you'll cover all the essentials of a typical design workflow. Topics include how to best use the interface, creating floor plans, adding walls and curtain walls, generating color fill plans, preparing documentation, as well as annotating, collaborating, and more. This four-color Essentials guide provides you with the fast and thorough grounding you need in Revit Architecture.
Covers Revit Architecture 2012 fundamentals, so you become quickly productive with the software
Prepares you for the Revit Architecture Associate and Professional certification exams
Uses straightforward explanations and real-world, hands-on exercises and tutorials to teach the software's core features and functions
Helps you quickly develop the skills needed throughout a project, whether you're a beginner or a more experienced user brushing up on the basics
Go from concepts to complete construction documents with this essential, full-color guide.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Dear Reader,
- ABOUT THE AUTHORS
- CONTENTS AT A GLANCE
- CHAPTER 1: Introducing Revit and the User Interface
- CHAPTER 2: Schematic Design
- CHAPTER 3: Walls and Curtain Walls
- CHAPTER 4: Floors, Roofs, and Ceilings
- CHAPTER 5: Stairs, Ramps, and Railings
- CHAPTER 6: Adding Families
- CHAPTER 7: Modifying Families
- CHAPTER 8: Groups and Phasing
- CHAPTER 9: Rooms and Color Fill Plans
- CHAPTER 10: Worksharing
- CHAPTER 11: Details and Annotations
- CHAPTER 12: Creating Drawing Sets
- CHAPTER 13: Workflow and Other Revit Essentials
- CHAPTER 14: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshooting
- APPENDIX: Revit Certification
- Title: Autodesk® Revit® Architecture 2012 Essentials: AUTODESK OFFICIAL TRAINING GUIDE
- Release date: May 2011
- Publisher(s): Sybex
- ISBN: 9781118016831