What is a family in the Autodesk® Revit® Architecture software? In the simplest terms, a family can be thought of as repeatable geometry for use in a project. You will now take a step back from the modeling exercises in the previous chapters to develop a better understanding of the basic building blocks that make up a Revit Architecture project.
In this chapter, you’ll learn to:
- View and modify the family category
- Work with and load system families
- Work with and load component families
- Work with hosted families
- Work with face-based families
- Create an in-place family
- Find and load family content into your project
Understanding the Model Hierarchy
In Chapters 2 (“Walls and Curtain Walls”), 3 (“Floors, Roofs, and Ceilings”), ...