Chapter 3. Getting Creative with PDF Files and Documents
Word documents and PDF files are some of the most used file formats by business professionals. Want to send an invoice to you customer or send a set of requirements to your vendor, businesses often end up using PDF files and documents for their needs. Let's see how we can work with these file formats in Python.
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Extracting data from PDF files
- Creating and copying PDF documents
- Manipulating PDFs (adding header/footer, merge, split, delete)
- Automating generation of payslips for finance department
- Reading Word documents
- Writing data into Word documents (adding headings, images, tables)
- Generating personalized new hire orientation for HR team in an ...