Explore the exciting possibilities of PowerShell 6 using various important features and components
About This Video
- Meet complex administration requirements with efficiency using Windows PowerShell 6.0.
- Build advanced task automation skills via PowerShell 6.0 scripting and explore various objects, scripts, and files
- A comprehensive course with a set of scenarios, real-world examples, and scripts to easily get you started with Windows PowerShell 6.0 and its capabilities
PowerShell combines command-line speed, the flexibility of scripting, and the power of a GUI-based admin tool. Virtually all of the products from Microsoft can be managed through PowerShell. From an administrative standpoint, this means that if you become proficient in PowerShell, you will have the skill set necessary to manage virtually all Microsoft products.
As PowerShell continues to grow in popularity and becomes the primary management tool for system infrastructure, it’s crucial that you know how the foundational skills of working with PowerShell can be applied across the entire datacenter and the cloud. In this course, you’ll discover the core features of PowerShell and build consistent patterns to work with software and infrastructure through scripts and command-line administration.
This course shows you how to get up and running with the latest version of PowerShell and how to take your career to the next level with PowerShell Core and Visual Studio Code.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to PowerShell 6
- Chapter 2 : Working at the Command Line
- Chapter 3 : Working with Objects
- Chapter 4 : Working with Scripts
Chapter 5 : Working with Files
- Basics of Working with Files 00:09:05
- Working with Access Control Lists to Set Permissions 00:08:53
- Working with XML Files 00:11:41
- Importing and Exporting with Some Common File Types 00:08:25
- Title: Automating Your Systems with PowerShell 6.x
- Release date: December 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788624404