Sponsored by Amazon.
Understanding how to create a deep learning neural network is an essential component of any data scientist's knowledge base. This course covers some of the challenges that arise when training neural networks. It focuses on the problem of overfitting and its potential remedy: regularization. Learners should have a basic understanding of linear algebra and calculus.
- Discover what overfitting means and how to recognize it in deep learning models
- Understand how to sample your data to reduce the likelihood of overfitting
- Learn about regularization and its use as a remedy for overfitting
Laura Graesser is assisting in NVIDIA's autonomous driving project. Previously with The Boston Consulting Group, Laura is a graduate student at New York University, where she's working toward a master’s degree in computer science and machine learning. Laura's interests include neural networks and their application to computer vision problems, and the cross-fertilization between computer vision and natural language processing.
Table of contents
- Title: Avoiding the Pitfalls of Deep Learning: Solving Model Overfitting with Regularization and Dropout
- Release date: November 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491999615
You might also like
Deep Learning with Python Video Edition
"The clearest explanation of deep learning I have come across...it was a joy to read." Richard …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …