11.5+ Hours of Video Instruction
AWS leads the world in cloud computing and big data. This course offers the complete package to help practitioners master the core skills and competencies needed to build successful, high-value big data applications, with a clear path toward passing the certification exam AWS Certified Big Data - Specialty.
This course provides a solid foundation in all areas required to pass the AWS Certified Big Data Specialty Exam—including Collection, Storage, Processing, Analysis, Visualization, and Data Security. In addition, multiple quizzes and a practice exam prepare the student for the formal Certification Exam administered by AWS.
This course provides case study–based training, designed completely around Jupyter notebook–based learning using only AWS big data technologies. Every exercise shown in this video can be run interactively by the students watching. The material exclusively focuses on AWS, with the goal of building enough foundation that the learner can achieve certification.
Most companies struggle with widely varied, high-volume, and fast-moving data. After years of hype around big data, tools and infrastructure have improved to the point where companies are way beyond pilot projects and proofs-of-concept. Big data, where parallel processing is needed just to do the work, is the new normal. AWS leads the world in cloud computing and big data. This course offers a clear path toward certification by AWS on Big Data solutions, which is needed in a competitive job market. This course fills a known gap in this rapidly growing space.
- Intermediate level developers
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to perform collection tasks on AWS
- Learn how to use the appropriate storage solution for Big Data on AWS
- Learn how to perform processing tasks on the AWS platform
- Learn how to couple Visualization, Analysis, and Data Security to reason about Big Data on AWS
- Learn how to think about the AWS Big Data Certification exam to optimize for the best outcome.
Who Should Take This Course
- You are a DevOps Engineer who wants to understand how to operationalize Big Data workloads.
- You are a Software Engineer who wants to master Big Data terminology and practices on AWS.
- You are a Machine Learning Engineer who wants to solidify their knowledge of AWS Big Data practices.
- You are a Product Manager who needs to understand the AWS Big Data lifecycle.
- You are a Data Scientist who runs Big Data workloads on AWS.
- 1-2 years of experience with AWS and six months using Big Data tools: Spark, Hadoop, and Python
- Ideally, candidates would have already passed the AWS Cloud Practitioner cert
- Access to a modern web browser
- AWS Account
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson publishes expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Network Security, Cisco Technology, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video.
Video Lessons are available for download for offline viewing within the streaming format. Look for the green arrow in each lesson.
Table of contents
Lesson 1: Introduction and Goals
- Learning objectives
- 1.1 Learn the answer to “What is Big Data?”
- 1.2 Explore the history of Big Data
- 1.3 Know AWS Certification: 6 domain areas
- 1.4 Understand the AWS Certification Exam: blueprint
- 1.5 Learn an exam strategy
- 1.6 Identify focus areas
- 1.7 Learn exam tips tricks
- 1.8 Learn how to register for an AWS Certification Exam
- Lesson 2: AWS Domain 1: Collection
Lesson 3: AWS Domain 2: Storage
- Learning objectives
- 3.1 Optimize the operational characteristics of the storage solution
- 3.2 Determine data access and retrieval patterns
- 3.3 Evaluate mechanisms for capture, update, and retrieval of catalog entries
- 3.4 Determine appropriate data structure and storage format
- 3.5 Understand storage database fundamentals
- 3.6 Learn S3: storage
- 3.7 Understand Glacier: backup archive
- 3.8 Create AWS Glue: data catalog
- 3.9 Use Dynamodb
Lesson 4: AWS Domain 3: Processing
- 4.1 Identify the appropriate data processing technology for a given scenario
- 4.2 Design and architect the data processing solution
- 4.3 Determine the operational characteristics of the solution implemented
- 4.4 Understand AWS processing: overview
- 4.5 Understand Elastic MapReduce (EMR)
- 4.6 Learn about Apache Hadoop
- 4.7 Apply EMR: architecture
- 4.8 Understand EMR: operations
- 4.9 Use EMR: Hive
- 4.10 Use EMR: Hbase
- 4.11 Use EMR: Presto
- 4.12 Use EMR: Spark
- 4.13 Implement EMR: storage compression
- 4.14 Implement EMR: Lambda
Lesson 5: AWS Domain 4: Analysis
- Learning objectives
- 5.1 Determine how to design and architect the analytical solution
- 5.2 Understand Redshift overview
- 5.3 Learn Redshift design
- 5.4 Use Redshift data ingestion
- 5.5 Apply Redshift operations
- 5.6 Use AWS Elasticsearch: operational analytics
- 5.7 Understand Machine Learning: clustering and regression
- 5.8 Use AWS Athena: interactive analytics
- Lesson 6: AWS Domain 5: Visualization
- Lesson 7: AWS Domain 6: Data Security
- Lesson 8: Case Studies
- Lesson 9: Exam Prep
- Lesson 10: Course Summary
- Title: AWS Certified Big Data - Specialty Complete Video Course and Practice Test Video Training
- Release date: June 2019
- Publisher(s): Pearson IT Certification
- ISBN: 0135772354
You might also like
AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate)
Six and a half Hours of Video Instruction More than six hours of video instruction covering …
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Complete Video Course
7 Hours of Video Instruction Seven hours of video instruction covering the fundamentals of cloud computing; …
AWS Certified Developer (Associate)
14+ Hours of Video One Line Sell More than 14 hours of video instruction preparing the …
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (SAA-C02)
6+ Hours of Video Instruction Overview The AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (SAA-C02) Complete Video …