AWS Lambda and the serverless framework is the best way to get started in the serverless world, to deploy AWS Lambda functions in Amazon Web Services that infinitely scale without managing any servers! Building backend for your web and mobile applications has never been easier. AWS created this revolutionary product in 2014 named AWS Lambda; in which you don't have to run servers, you just run functions! You can then infinitely scale your backend automatically based on the load you are getting. The days of managing a fleet of servers are over! AWS is the next IT revolution, and you are in the right place to learn about the best tools to get started with it!
What You Will Learn
- Develop and deploy AWS Lambda functions easily with a serverless framework!
- You will gain all the required hands-on experience and you will learn through real-world examples
- You will come to understand the architecture of serverless frameworks, and how serverless backends are built and deployed
- You will also come to understand how AWS Lambda works, how AWS Lambda is used with real world examples, and how they interact with S3 and/or CloudWatch
- Build a basic REST API using AWS Lambda, the API Gateway, and DynamoDB
Developers who want to learn about AWS Lambda and the serverless architecture.
DevOps who want to learn how to properly deploy and automate the deployment of Lambda functions. Solutions architects who want to understand how serverless apps are architected, built and deployed.
About The Author
Stéphane Maarek: Stéphane Maarek is a solutions architect, consultant, and software developer who has a particular interest in all things related to big data and analytics. He is also a bestseller instructor on Udemy for his courses on Apache Kafka, Apache NiFi, and AWS Lambda. He loves Apache Kafka and regularly contributes to the Apache Kafka project.
Stéphane has also written a guest blog post that was featured on the Confluent website, the company behind Apache Kafka. He is also an AWS Certified Solutions Architect and has many years of experience with technologies such as Apache Kafka, Apache NiFi, Apache Spark, Hadoop, PostgreSQL, Tableau, Spotfire, Docker, Ansible, and more.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Course Introduction
- Chapter 2 : AWS Lambda Serverless - Getting Started
- Chapter 3 : AWS Lambda Serverless - In Depth
- Chapter 4 : Real World Example 1 - S3 Thumbnails
- Chapter 5 : Real World Example 2 - REST API
- Chapter 6 : Real World Example 3 - AWS Automation - EC2 Start Stop
- Chapter 7 : Next Steps
- Title: AWS Lambda and the Serverless Framework - Hands-On Learning!
- Release date: May 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789349955
You might also like
Programming AWS Lambda
Serverless revolutionizes the way organizations build and deploy software. With this hands-on guide, Java engineers will …
Serverless Computing on AWS with Lambda, API Gateway, S3, and DynamoDB
Looking to jump into the world of serverless computing on AWS but don’t know where to …
Getting started with AWS lambda and Step Functions
Learn to build AWS Step Functions with Python and AWS Lambda. Use AWS Cloud9 to test …
AWS CloudFormation Master Class
AWS CloudFormation is the best way to write, deploy, and maintain your AWS infrastructure and supports …