Local and virtual network gateways are virtual private network (VPN) gateways that are used to connect to on-premises networks and encrypt all traffic going between Azure Virtual Network (VNet) and a local network. Each virtual network can have only one virtual network gateway, but one virtual network gateway can be used to configure multiple VPN connections.
We will cover the following recipes in this chapter:
- Creating a local network gateway in the portal
- Creating a local network gateway with PowerShell
- Creating a virtual network gateway in the portal
- Creating a virtual network gateway with PowerShell
- Modifying the local network gateway settings