Book DescriptionHiring highly qualified people is crucial to every company, and Background Screening and Investigations is an essential guide to succeeding in a turbulent business environment. A crucial part of any hiring process should be employment background screening, pre- and post-hire, which gives hiring personnel a glimpse into a person's past behavior patterns, propensities, and likely future behavior.
Background Screening and Investigations describes all aspects of the employment background screening processes - its history and evolution, the imperative for implementing a screening process, and the creation of a comprehensive policy. Nixon and Kerr show how security and human resources professionals can work together to negotiate legal hurdles and make their background screening process successful.
* Where do HR and security perspectives differ on hot topics like hiring convicted felons, data protection, and sexual predators?
* What does state law allow when screening job candidates?
* How should companies deal with emerging issues like international background investigations and continuous (Infinity) screening of current employees?
Table of Contents
- Cover image
- Title page
- Table of Contents
- About the Authors
- About the Contributors
- Chapter 1: Managing Risk in the Hiring Process
- Chapter 2: Legal Issues in Background Checks
- Chapter 3: The Role of Security in the Hiring Process
- Chapter 4: Insights From Background Screening Surveys
- Chapter 5: Background Checking Policy
- Chapter 6: Make or Buy
- Chapter 7: The New Focus on Protecting Personal Identifiable Information
- Chapter 8: Infinity Screening: Never-Ending Background Screening
- Chapter 9: Screening Strategies for Temporaries, Casual Labor, Consultants, Contractors, and Vendors
- Chapter 10: The Special Case of Sexual Offenders
- Chapter 11: The Other Side of Background Screening
- Chapter 12: International Background Checks: The New Frontier in Employment Screening
- Chapter 13: Future Trends in Background Screening
- Sample Forms
- Survey Results 2005 Background Checking Survey Report Results
- Background Screening Certification Program
- Sensitive Jobs Identification Worksheet
- Terrorist Search
- GE Candidate Data Protection Standards
- Continuous Screening Get Support in Implementing a Continuous Post Hire Screening Program
- How to Create a Culture of Security Consciousness
- Title: Background Screening and Investigations
- Release date: March 2008
- Publisher(s): Butterworth-Heinemann
- ISBN: 9780080569178