Objectives: After reading this chapter, the reader should be able to do the following:
• Provide a brief history of the Beagle computer line.
• Outline the different members of the BeagleBoard.org community.
• Appreciate the role of the BeagleBoard.org community.
• Describe BeagleBone concept of open source hardware.
• Diagram the layout of the original BeagleBone and BeagleBone Black computers.
• Summarize the differences between the original BeagleBone and BeagleBone Black computers.
• Describe BeagleBone Cape concept and available Capes.
• Define the power requirements for BeagleBone computer.
• Download, configure, and successfully execute a test program using the Cloud9 Integrated Development Environment (IDE) ...