Objectives: After reading this chapter, the reader should be able to
• Describe the voltage and current parameters for BeagleBone.
• Apply the voltage and current parameters toward properly interfacing input and output devices to BeagleBone.
• Interface BeagleBone operating at 3.3 VDC with a peripheral device operating at 5.0 VDC.
• Interface a wide variety of input and output devices to BeagleBone.
• Describe the special concerns that must be followed when BeagleBone is used to interface to a high power DC or AC device.
• Describe how to control the speed and direction of a DC motor.
• Describe how to control several types of AC loads.
• Summarize the layout of the Prototype Cape for ...