Objectives: After reading this chapter, the reader should be able to do the following:
• Define an embedded system.
• List all aspects related to the design of an embedded system.
• Provide a step–by–step approach to design an embedded system.
• Discuss design tools and practices related to embedded systems design.
• Discuss the importance of system testing.
• Apply embedded system design practices in the prototype of a BeagleBone based system with several subsystems.
• Provide a detailed design for a submersible remotely operated vehicle (ROV) including hardware layout and interface, structure chart, UML activity diagrams, and an algorithm coded in Bonescript.
• Provide a detailed design for a four wheel ...