Objectives: After reading this chapter, the reader should be able to do the following:
• Use the Linux operating system to interact with BeagleBone.
• Describe how the host Linux personal computer (PC) interacts with BeagleBone.
• Employ the Ångström Distribution Linux tool chain aboard BeagleBone to write, compile and execute a C and C++ program.
• Describe the features and subsystems of the ARM Cortex A8 processor.
• Describe the operation of BeagleBone exposed functions available via the P8 and P9 expansion headers.
• Program BeagleBone exposed functions using the Ångström Distribution tool chain.
In the first four chapters of this book we employed BeagleBone as a user–friendly ...