Learn bash programming for Linux, Unix, & Mac. Learn how to write bash scripts like a pro & solve real-world problems!
About This Video
- Write shell scripts that can be used on Linux, Mac, and Unix operating systems.
- Automate tasks using shell scripts.
- Create complex scripts that take advantage of advanced bash shell features.
If you want to learn how to write bash shell scripts like a pro, solve real-world problems, or automate repetitive and complex tasks, read on. By the end of this course you will be able to create bash scripts with ease. You'll learn how to take tedious and repetitious tasks and turn them into programs that will save you time and simplify your life on Linux, Unix, or MAC systems. What you learn in this course can be applied to any shell, however, the focus is on the bash shell and you'll learn some really advanced bash features. Again, whether you're using bash, bourne (sh), KornShell (ksh), C shell (csh), Z shell (zsh), or even the tcsh shell, you'll be able to put what you learn in this course to good use. Also, you'll be able to use these scripts on any Linux environment including Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, RedHat, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Slackware, Kali Linux and more. You're scripts will even run on other operating systems such as Apple's Mac OS X, Oracle's Solaris, IBM's AIX, HP's HP-UX, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD. (Sorry, this course is NOT for Windows scripting or powershell scripting.)
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Bash Programming Course Overview and Downloads
- Chapter 2 : Shell Scripting in a Nutshell
- Chapter 3 : Return Codes and Exit Statuses
- Chapter 4 : Shell Functions
Chapter 5 : Shell Script Checklist and Template
- Shell Script Checklist and Template 00:01:59
- Chapter 6 : Wildcards
Chapter 7 : Case Statements and Logic
- Case Statements 00:05:43
Chapter 8 : Logging
- Logging 00:07:40
- Chapter 9 : While Loops
- Chapter 10 : Debugging Your Bash Programs
Chapter 11 : Shell Scripts Used to Create This Course
- Scripts Used to Create This Course 00:03:59
- Title: Bash Scripting and Shell Programming (Linux Command Line)
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789807073
You might also like
Linux Administration Bootcamp: Go from Beginner to Advanced
This course will teach you the fundamentals of Linux Administration in depth, with practical examples. About …
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Complete Video Course
7 Hours of Video Instruction Seven hours of video instruction covering the fundamentals of cloud computing; …
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …