2.11 REVIEW QUESTIONS
A. Short Answer Type Questions
- Define Ohm’s law and state if there are any conditions.
- Explain the concept of voltage and current source transformation with an example.
- Give the concept of current, voltage, and resistance.
- State the factors on which resistance of a wire depends. What is meant by resistivity of a conducting material?
- Explain why silver is more conducting than copper.
- Draw the V–I characteristics of a variable resistor whose value of resistance has been fixed at 5Ω, 8Ω, and 10Ω.
- Explain the effect of change of temperature on the resistance of most of the conducting materials.
- What is meant by superconducting materials?
- Prove that Rt = R0(1 + α0t) for a conducting material where Rt is the resistance at t°C, ...