Quiz: Work – heaven or purgatory?
Some of us have a harder time than others when it comes to getting on at work. Make sure you’re not missing a trick.
1. You walk into the lift and your CEO is there already. You:
- a. Think, ‘terrific – a chance to shine’.
- b. Smile broadly, say little.
- c. Smile weakly and concentrate on not dropping your latte on his suit.
2. During conversations with someone superior to you in the pecking order, you:
- a. Look them steadily in the eye.
- b. Look them in the eye when they are talking but find it hard when you are talking.
- c. Find it hard even when they are talking.
3. Before you meet someone for a business meeting, you assume:
- a. That they’ll like you.
- b. That it will go OK if you can get in the right frame ...