Turn mentoring into PROFITS
There’s no doubt that the concept of workplace mentoring is a hot-button issue facing management today. With managers under extraordinary pressure to cut costs, streamline operations, and increase productivity, the role of mentors has become more critical than ever—particularly since studies show leaders who mentor get promoted faster and earn significantly more than those who don’t.
But as with any growing workplace trend, questions remain about how to utilize mentoring so you get tangible and profitable results. This book, from two of the world’s foremost experts on business learning and employee development, answers those questions.
Becoming an Effective Mentoring Leader breaks down the essentials of mentoring, and shows you how to take advantage of this valuable new workplace dynamic. You’ll learn:
- The smartest way to incorporate mentoring into your day-to-day leadership role
- The fastest way to equip, inspire, and motivate your staff
- The differences between mentoring, coaching, and teaching
- How you as a leader can rate the mentors in your office – and assess the progress of mentees
Using case studies, tools, and impactful learning concepts, the authors show you how to use mentoring’s “core skills” to create a winning approach tailored to your own style, be it the “reflective mentor,” the “storytelling mentor,” or “the example-based mentor.” The book also features several appendices and FAQs, handouts, and worksheets to gauge competencies among mentors and mentees, and a blueprint with steps to set up one’s own companywide program.
As today’s biggest industry leaders continue to recognize the profound effect mentoring has on performance and profitability, there’s never been a better time to put this book’s essential tools to work for you.
Table of Contents
- Becoming an Effective Mentoring Leader: Proven Strategies for Building Excellence in Your Organization
- Advance Organizer About Mentoring
- Part I The Fundamentals of Mentoring
- Part II The How-To of Mentoring
- Appendix I: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Mentoring
- Appendix II: What Mentees Should Do
- Appendix III: Competencies of Mentors and Mentees
- Appendix IV: Rating Instrument for Mentors
- Appendix V: Rating Instrument for Mentees
- Appendix VI: Getting Started in Launching an Organizational Mentoring Program
- Appendix VII: Case Studies on Mentoring
- Title: Becoming an Effective Mentoring Leader: Proven Strategies for Building Excellence in Your Organization
- Release date: February 2013
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071805711