In Beginning Arduino you will learn all about the popular Arduino microcontroller by working your way through an amazing set of 50 cool projects. You'll progress from a complete beginner regarding Arduino programming and electronics knowledge to intermediate skills and the confidence to create your own amazing Arduino projects. Absolutely no experience in programming or electronics required!
Rather than requiring you to wade through pages of theory before you start making things, this book has a handson approach. You will dive into making projects right from the start, learning how to use various electronic components and how to program the Arduino to control or communicate with those components.
Each project is designed to build upon the knowledge learned in earlier projects and to further your knowledge in programming as well as skills with electronics. By the end of the book you will be able create your own projects confidently and with creativity.
Please note: the print version of this title is black ' white; the eBook is full color.
What you'll learn
Displaying text and graphics on LCD displays
Making a line-following robot
Using touch screens
Using digital pressure sensors
Reading and writing data to SD cards
Connecting your Arduino to the Internet
Who this book is for
Electronics enthusiasts who are new to the Arduino as well as artists and hobbyists who want to learn this very popular platform for physical computing and electronic art.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
- CHAPTER 1: Introduction
- CHAPTER 2: Light 'Em Up
- CHAPTER 3: LED Effects
- CHAPTER 4: Simple Sounders and Sensors
- CHAPTER 5: Driving a DC Motor
- CHAPTER 6: Binary Counters
- CHAPTER 7: LED Displays
- CHAPTER 8: Liquid Crystal Displays
- CHAPTER 9: Servos
- CHAPTER 10: Steppers and Robots
- CHAPTER 11: Pressure Sensors
- CHAPTER 12: Touch Screens
- CHAPTER 13: Temperature Sensors
- CHAPTER 14: Ultrasonic Rangefinders
- CHAPTER 15: Reading and Writing to an SD Card
- CHAPTER 16: Making an RFID Reader
- CHAPTER 17: Communicating over Ethernet
- Title: Beginning Arduino
- Release date: December 2010
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430232407