Beginning Google Glass Development is your number one resource for learning how to develop for Google Glass--the paradigm-shifting mobile computing platform taking the world by storm now and for years to come. Mobile developers have always had to think for the future, and right now that means getting started with Google Glass.
This book is incredibly hands-on with many exciting projects. You will learn the basics of Glass and how to set up your development environment, through to every Glass development topic using Glass Development Kit (GDK):
- Glass User Interface
- Camera and Image Processing
- Video: Basics and Applications
- Voice and Audio
- Network, Bluetooth, and Social
- Locations, Map, and Sensors
- Graphics, Animation, and Games
You will also learn how to develop enterprise and web-based Glass apps using the Mirror API. Each topic is full of examples that illustrate what Glass can truly do and help you quickly start developing your own apps.
Jeff Tang has successfully developed mobile, web, and enterprise apps on many platforms, and cares immensely about user experience. He brings his vast knowledge to this book through cool and practical examples, which will excite and tantalize your creativity.
This book is for any developer who is keen to start developing for Glass with GDK or the Mirror API. Whether you are an Android, iOS, web, or enterprise developer, you do not want to miss the chance that Glass becomes the next big thing. Get started with Beginning Google Glass Development and be inspired today."
Table of Contents
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
Chapter 1: Getting Started
- Why Glass
- What Is Glass and Glassware?
- Why This Book?
- Who Is This Book For?
- Questions and Feedback
Chapter 2: Hello, Glass! Your First GDK App
- Setting Up the Development Environment
- Playing with Glass
- The HelloGlass Glassware
- Chapter 3: Glass User Interface
- Chapter 4: Camera and Image Processing
Chapter 5: Video: Basics and Applications
- Capturing Video
- Playing Video
- OpenCV Video Processing
- FFmpeg Video Processing
- YouTube Integration
- Chapter 6: Voice and Audio
- Chapter 7: Networking, Bluetooth, and Social
- Chapter 8: Location, Map, and Sensors
Chapter 9: Graphics, Animation, and Games
- Game Engines on Glass
- Developing a Sensor-Based Game
- Chapter 10: The Mirror API
- Title: Beginning Google Glass Development
- Release date: June 2014
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430267881