Introduction to Mobile Application Development Ecosystems
Objectives of this chapter:
- The evolution of mobile application development
- Different ecosystems: Apple, Google, Microsoft
- Problems with ecosystem-based applications
- Hybrid mobile applications
- Front-end and back-end development
- Testing of mobile applications
Today mobile device users prefer to use applications installed on their smartphones. They use installed applications (apps) for carrying out routine activities like booking cabs, buying movie tickets, and watching videos on YouTube.
This trend is confirmed by Gartner, which has this to say: “Enterprises are finding that they ...