Game apps on iPhone and now iPad remain one of the most popular type of apps in the Apple iTunes App Store. Does Angry Birds ring a bell? What you were once able to do just for the iPhone (and iPod touch) is now possible for the popular iPad, using the new iOS 5 SDK.
Beginning iOS 5 Games Development provides a clear path for you to create games using the iOS 5 SDK platform for the iPad, iPhone, and iPad touch. You'll learn how to use the core classes to create game apps, including graphics, animations, and sound. The latest version of Xcode will be used in parts of the book to guide you along the way of building your apps.
Other topics include iOS 5 game apps development with the newest iOS Game Center update, persisting user data, and designing a compelling user experience. After reading this book, you'll come away with the skills and techniques for building a game app, top to bottom, that could perhaps even be sold on the Apple iTunes App Store.
Table of Contents
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
- Chapter 1: A Simple First Game
- Chapter 2: Setting Up Your Game Project
- Chapter 3: Explore the Game Application Life Cycle
- Chapter 4: Quickly Build an Input-Driven Game
- Chapter 5: Quickly Build a Frame-by-Frame Game
- Chapter 6: Create Your Characters: Game Engine, Image Actors, and Behaviors
- Chapter 7: Build Your Game: Vector Actors and Particles
- Chapter 8: Building Your Game: Understanding Gestures and Movements
- Chapter 9: Game Center and Social Media
- Chapter 10: Monetizing via the Apple App Store
- Chapter 11: A Completed View Belt Commander
- Appendix A: Designing and Creating Graphics
- Title: Beginning iOS 5 Games Development: Using the iOS 5 SDK for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
- Release date: November 2011
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430237105