WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS CHAPTER:
- Creating a PhoneGap project in Xcode
- Adding your web app code into PhoneGap
- Tweaking the project to fit your needs
In this chapter, I walk you through the steps to transform an IOS web app into a native app using PhoneGap. You don’t have to know any Objective-C to pull it off, though you need to dive into the Xcode IDE to do everything you want to do.
If you worked through Chapter 19 already, you have already installed Xcode onto your development computer. If you haven’t, be certain you do that before proceeding because the PhoneGap installer adds an application template to Xcode. Follow these steps:
1. Go to www.phonegap.com and download the latest release of PhoneGap.
2. Extract the contents of the zip file and then navigate to the IOS subdirectory to locate the IOS installer .dmg file.