In this chapter, you will learn
- What interfaces are
- How to declare interfaces
- How to declare abstract, default, and static methods in interfaces
- How to fully and partially implement interfaces in a class
- How to evolve interfaces after they are published
- How to inherit an interface from other interfaces
- Using the instanceof operator with interfaces
- What marker interfaces are
- How interfaces can be used to implement polymorphism
- How dynamic binding applies to method calls on interface type variables
What Is an Interface?
The interface is a very important concept in Java programming. The knowledge of a Java developer is incomplete ...