In this chapter, you will learn
- What the New Input/Ouput is
- How to create different types of buffers
- How to read data from buffers and write data to buffers
- How to manipulate position, limit, and mark properties of a buffer
- How to create different types of views of a buffer
- How to encode/decode data in a buffer using different charsets
- What channels are and how to use channels to read/write files’ contents
- How to use memory-mapped files for faster I/O
- How to use file locks
- How to know the byte order of a machine and how to deal with byte order when using buffers
What Is NIO?
The stream-based I/O uses streams to transfer ...