In this chapter, you will learn
- What collections are in Java
- What the Collections Framework is and its architecture
- Different ways for traversing a collection
- Different types of collections such as List, Set, Queue, Map, etc.
- Applying algorithms to collections
- Obtaining different views of a collection
- Creating empty and singleton collections
- How hash-based collections work internally
What Is a Collection?
A collection is an object that contains a group of objects. A collection is also known as a container. Each object in a collection is called an element of the collection.
The concept of collections in Java is no different ...