In this chapter, you will learn
- What streams are
- Differences between collections and streams
- How to create streams from different types of data sources
- How to represent an optional value using the Optional class
- Applying different types of operations on streams
- Collecting data from streams using collectors
- Grouping and partitioning a stream’s data
- Finding and matching data in streams
- How to work with parallel streams
What Is a Stream?
An aggregate operation computes a single value from a collection of values. The result of an aggregate operation may be simply a primitive value, an object, or a void. Note that an object may ...