Introduction to Swing
In this chapter, you will learn
- What Swing is
- The difference between a character-based interface and a graphical user interface
- How to develop the simplest Swing program
- What a JFrame is and how it is made up of different components
- How to add components to a JFrame
- What a layout manager is and different types of layout managers in Swing
- How to create reusable frames
- How to handle events
- How to handle mouse events and how to use the adapter class to handle mouse events
What Is Swing?
Swing provides graphical user interface (GUI) components to develop Java applications with a rich set of graphics such as windows, ...