In this chapter, you will learn
- What an applet is
- How to develop, deploy, and run applets
- How to use the <applet> tag to embed an applet in an HTML document
- How to install and configure Java Plug-in, which runs the applets
- How to use the appletviewer program to run applets
- The life cycle of applets
- How to pass parameters to applets
- How to publish an applet’s parameters and applet’s description
- How to use images and audio clips in applets
- How to customize the Java policy file to grant permissions to applets
- How to sign applets
What Is an Applet?
An applet is a Java program that is embedded in an HTML document and run in a web ...