In this chapter, you will learn
- What JDBC API is
- Types of JDBC drivers
- A brief overview of Java DB
- How to connect to a database using a JDBC driver
- What transaction isolation levels are
- JDBC-data-types-to-Java-data-types mapping
- How to execute SQL statements in Java programs and processing the results
- Using rowsets, batch updates, and large objects (LOBs)
- How to retrieve SQL warning and enable JDBC tracing
What Is the JDBC API?
The JDBC API provides a standard database-independent interface to interact with any tabular data source. Most of the time, it is used to interact with a relational database management system (RDBMs). ...