Build your understanding of the C# language and the .NET Core Framework to create robust cross-platform applications
About This Video
- Learn all you need to know about C# and .NET
- Create and deploy cross-platform device applications that work seamlessly
- Learn to work with C# and .NET along with cloud architecture
- Package and deploy .NET applications
The course will initially begin with familiarizing you to the different .NET technologies and Visual Studio 2017. Beginning from the basic concepts of declaring and working with variables, we move on to writing code that makes decisions, repeats a block of statements, converts between types, and handles errors.
You will also learn about .NET Core and its class library assemblies, and packages of types that are defined in .NET Standard that allow your applications to connect existing components together to perform common practical tasks. You will then learn to make your own types using object-oriented programming (OOP) and learn how to read and write to databases.
You will then see what can be achieved with Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML) when defining the user interface for a graphical app, in particular, for Universal Windows Platform (UWP). Finally, we look at building web applications with a modern HTTP architecture on the server side using Microsoft ASP.NET Core MVC.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with .NET and Visual Studio
- Chapter 2 : Introducing C#
- Chapter 3 : Controlling the Flow, Converting Types, and Handling Exceptions
- Chapter 4 : NET Deep Dive
- Chapter 5 : Databases
- Chapter 6 : Building Universal Windows Platform Apps Using XAML
- Chapter 7 : Building Web Applications Using ASP.NET Core MVC
- Title: Beginning Modern C# and .NET Development
- Release date: April 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789137705