Use the latest tools to manage and automate tasks on Microsoft's SharePoint platform. You will achieve time and cost savings, increase reliability of deployments, and learn how to safely and efficiently migrate from a previous version, all while gaining valuable skills in PowerShell scripting.
Authors Nik Charlebois-Laprade and John Edward Naguib begin by explaining the fundamental concepts behind the PowerShell language. Then, with copious real-world examples and scripts, they introduce PowerShell operations in the context of deploying, migrating, managing, and monitoring SharePoint 2016.
What You'll Learn
What's New in this Edition?
- Learn about the new SharePoint 2016 capabilities and min role
- Extend the default set of available PowerShell cmdlets for SharePoint 2016 by creating your own reusable Cmdlet functions with PowerShell 5.0
- Upgrade your on-premises SharePoint 2013 environment to SharePoint 2016 using PowerShell
Who This Book Is For
Administrators, developers, and DevOps engineers working with SharePoint 2016. No experience with PowerShell is require.
Table of contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. What’s New in SharePoint 2016
- 3. PowerShell Basics
- 4. Installing and Deploying SharePoint with PowerShell
- 5. Managing SharePoint with PowerShell
- 6. Monitoring SharePoint with PowerShell
- 7. Upgrading from SharePoint 2013 to 2016 with PowerShell
- 8. Managing Office 365 SharePoint Online with PowerShell
- 9. Managing Add-ins and Solutions using PowerShell
- 10. Extending PowerShell for SharePoint
- Title: Beginning PowerShell for SharePoint 2016: A Guide for Administrators, Developers, and DevOps Engineers, Second Edition
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484228838
You might also like
Cybersecurity Blue Team Toolkit
A practical handbook to cybersecurity for both tech and non-tech professionals As reports of major data …
Designing Machine Learning Systems
Machine learning systems are both complex and unique. Complex because they consist of many different components …
Build Customized Apps with Amazon Honeycode
A non-developer's guide to harnessing the power of Amazon Honeycode apps to manage projects, customers, operations, …
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. While there are plenty of …