This course will introduce the Java users to Selenium WebDriver. It will help users with basic programming knowledge to start with code testing.This course will help the users to cut down on their time spent on testing code written in Java.
Get started with code testing using Selenium WebDriver. It will be an ideal starter kit for those of you who wish to start using Selenium WebDriver for testing. Users with basic programming knowledge more interested in skilling up with Selenium WebDriver as their testing tool of choice. In this course, you will start by knowing the benefits of Selenium WebDriver for testing. You will then start with practicing the basics. Post that you will see the biggest strength of Selenium which is integrating your test instances with the browser of your choice. You will then actually test an authentication system in a sequential manner by following each of the required steps.
By the end of the course, you will be able to provide your customers and clients with better quality code in lesser time - adding to your customer delight!
What You Will Learn
- Use Selenium WebDriver to directly start a browser instance and controls it for the code being tested
- Automate web browsers across many browsers and operating systems for Java code
- Along with selenium scripts, start using unit testing framework for Java and save time
- Learn how Selenium WebDriver can use locators when using Java code
- Go from testing apps in a time-consuming manner to testing them quickly
- Spend less time testing and more time developing and adding features to your apps, delighting customers
- See the next steps involved in automation and testing of your Java app using Selenium
Users with basic programming knowledge more interested in skilling up with Selenium WebDriver as their testing tool of choice. They may or may not know how to develop applications but wish to test code faster with minimum resources and add quality to their customer experience.
About The Author
Andy Craze: Andy Craze is a full-stack software engineer with over 7 years' experience developing highly-scalable web applications. He has used Selenium WebDriver to test numerous different products, ranging from large-scale enterprise systems and multi-tenant ecommerce platforms to simple static sites and documentation software. Andy works in Java and Python but has experience in a broad range of languages and technologies, including Haskell. His code has been used by Intel, Discogs, and Arizona State University
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Selenium WebDriver in Java
- Chapter 2 : WebDriver Basics
- Chapter 3 : Locating Web Elements in the Browser
- Chapter 4 : Testing an Authentication System
- Chapter 5 : Wrapping Up with Next Steps
- Title: Beginning Selenium WebDriver Testing in Java
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789132090
You might also like
Selenium WebDriver with Java - Novice to Ninja Plus Interview
Selenium WebDriver is an open-source automation tool that works easily across multiple OS and browsers and …
Learn Selenium WebDriver with Java
This course is designed to guide you through Selenium WebDriver and Java, right from the basic …
Hands-On Selenium WebDriver with Java
Get started with Selenium WebDriver, the open source library for automating tests to ensure your web …
Do you want to master Selenium and browser automation? Do you want to create scripts so …