We’ll begin with exploring the fundamental Swift programming concepts, language structure, and the Swift programming syntax. Then, we'll learn to create original custom operators with Swift operators, branching, and loops.
Moving on, we'll learn how to run application codes and compile errors. Having made progress with it, we’ll see how Swift compares to other computer languages and how to transform your thinking. Then, master the usage of key language elements, such as strings and collections. Finally, grasp how Swift supports modern application development using advanced features, such as built-in Unicode support and higher-order functions.
No prior Swift knowledge is required for this book, however some prior exposure to another object-oriented programming language will be beneficial.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the fundamental Swift programming concepts, language structure, and the Swift programming syntax
- Learn how Swift compares to other computer languages and how to transform your thinking to leverage new concepts such as optionals and protocols
- Master how to use key language elements, such as strings and collections
- Grasp how Swift supports modern application development using advanced features, such as built-in Unicode support and higher-order functions
If you are seeking fundamental Swift programming skills, in preparation for learning to develop native applications for iOS or macOS, this book is the best for you. You don’t need to have any prior Swift knowledge; however, object-oriented programming experience is desired.
Developers with intermediate experience in Node.js will also find the techniques presented in this course beneficial.
About The Author
Brent Arnold: Brent Arnold is a software engineer with over 15 years of web and mobile development experience. He has been teaching online for over 10 years with multiple published coursesTwitter: @iBrent
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Swift Basics
- Chapter 2 : Swift Operators and Control Flow
- Chapter 3 : Functions, Classes, and Structs
- Chapter 4 : Collections
- Chapter 5 : Strings
- Chapter 6 : Functional Programming and Lazy Operations
- Title: Beginning Swift
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788999250
You might also like
iOS Development with Swift
iOS Development with Swift is a hands-on guide to creating apps for iPhone and iPad using …
Intermediate Swift: iOS App Development with UIKit
Press forward into intermediate Swift programming after having mastered the basics. In this video you'll pick …
iOS 13 Programming with Swift 5 - Second Edition
The iOS 13 SDK arrives as a major milestone in the evolution of the Swift language …
iOS 11 Programming with SWIFT: Develop iOS mobile applications from scratch
You want to build iOS applications for the iPhone and iPad, but where do you start? …