Would you like to create your own games, but never have the time to dig into the details of multimedia programming? Now you don't have to! XNA 3.0 makes it simple to create your own games, which will run on your PC and Xbox 360 console. Even if you don't know how to program at all, Beginning XNA 3.0 Game Programming: From Novice to Professional will teach you the basics of C# 2008 programming along the way. Don't get overwhelmed with details you don't need to know—just learn what you need to start creating your own games right now!
This fast-paced introduction to XNA 3.0 and the C# language provides you with a quick-start guide to creating high-quality XNA games. You'll be introduced to the key concepts and ideas you need to know in a gradual fashion so that you master one concept before using it as a foundation for the next. Before long, you will have the skills to create smooth, professional-looking results in a range of gaming genres. By the end of the book, you will have constructed several working games and have an excellent knowledge base from which to investigate more advanced techniques.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Authors
- About the Technical Reviewer
- CHAPTER 1 Game Planning and Programming Basics
- CHAPTER 2 2D Graphics, Audio, and Input Basics
- CHAPTER 3 Creating Your First 2D Game
- CHAPTER 4 Improving Your First 2D Game
- CHAPTER 5 Basics of Game Networking
- CHAPTER 6 Rock Rain Live!
- CHAPTER 7 Rock Rain Zune
- CHAPTER 8 3D Game Programming Basics
- CHAPTER 9 Rendering Pipeline, Shaders, and Effects
- CHAPTER 10 Lights, Camera, Transformations!
- CHAPTER 11 Generating a Terrain
- CHAPTER 12 Skeletal Animation
- CHAPTER 13 Creating a Third-Person Shooter Game
- CHAPTER 14 Closing Words
- Title: Beginning XNA 3.0 Game Programming: From Novice to Professional
- Release date: April 2009
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430218173