Achieve investing success by understanding your behavior type
This groundbreaking book shows how to invest wisely by managing your behavior, and not just your money. Step by step, Michael Pompian (a leading authority in the practical application of Behavioral Finance concepts to wealth management) helps you plan a strategy targeted to your personality. The book includes a test for determining your investment type and offers strategies you can put into use when investing. It also includes a brief history of the stock market, and easy-to-comprehend information about stocks and investing to help you lay a solid foundation for your investment decisions.
Behavioral Finance and Investor Types is divided into two parts. Test Your Type, gives an overview of Behavioral Finance as well as the elements that come into play when figuring out BIT, like active or passive traits, risk tolerance, and biases. The book includes a quiz to help you discover what category you are in. Plan and Act, contains the traits common to your type; an analysis of the biases associated with your type; and strategies and solutions that compliment and capitalize on your BIT.
Offers a practical guide to an investing strategy that fits both your financial situation and your personality type
Includes a test for determining your tolerance for risk and other traits that will determine your investment type
Written by the Director of the Private Wealth Practice for Hammond Associates—an investment consulting firm serving institutional and private wealth clients
Behavioral Finance and Investor Types offers investors a better sense of what drives them and what puts on their breaks. By using the information found here, you'll quickly become savvy about the world of investing because you'll come to understand your place in it.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
Part One: Introduction to Behavioral Finance
- Chapter 1: Why Reaching Financial Goals Is Difficult
- Chapter 2: Overview of Behavioral Finance
- Chapter 3: The Building Blocks: Behavioral Biases
Part Two: Personality Theory
- Chapter 4: Introduction to Personality Theory
- Chapter 5: The History of Personality Testing
- Chapter 6: The Behavioral Investor Type Framework
- Chapter 7: Behavioral Investor Type Diagnostic Testing
Part Three: Explanation of the Behavioral Investor Types
- Chapter 8: The Preserver
- Chapter 9: The Follower
- Chapter 10: The Independent
- Chapter 11: Chapter The Accumulator
Part Four: Plan and Act
- Chapter 12: Capital Markets and Asset Classes
- Chapter 13: Chapter What Is Asset Allocation?
- Chapter 14: Financial Planning: A Crucial Step
- Chapter 15: Investment Advice for Each Behavioral Investor Type
- Title: Behavioral Finance and Investor Types: Managing Behavior to Make Better Investment Decisions
- Release date: July 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118235607