Book DescriptionAn action-based plan for building the career of your dreams
Best Job Ever! is the ultimate guide to creating your dream career and increasing your financial success by providing you with valuable and insightful career information, personal stories and examples of others who have successfully created their Best Job Ever! Written by a nationally recognized expert in career development, this book provides you with a concrete, step-by-step blueprint for revolutionizing your career and revamping your life. You'll find the motivation you need to climb out of your daily ruts as you dig deep to discover your personal motivation, financial needs, and career and life goals. This actionable guide gets you started right away as you explore various avenues for improvement—whether that means re-engaging with the job you have, getting that promotion or making a career change. You'll learn how to overcome career fear, beat job boredom, find and follow your passion while advancing your skill sets and building a career and life plan. The stories will help you decide when to forge ahead with your current career, when to change tracks entirely and how to increase your salary while doing it. If a career change is in the cards, you'll learn how to make the transition with minimal disruption to your finances and emotional well being so you can get quickly get back on track to achieving your dreams.
Do you currently love your job? Have you ever loved your job? Whether you're in the wrong career or just lost the passion somewhere along the way, this book gives you a clear action plan with step by step guidance to help you build the career and life you want.
- Discover the principles of career development
- Create a job that is meaningful and fulfilling
- Increase Your Career Income
- Minimize the financial impact of changing careers/What to do when you get laid off or fired.
- Build the life and career you want and find happiness while doing it
The vast majority of employees feel disconnected from their careers and dread going to work. Life is short! Don't waste your days in unfulfilling career when there are options out there to create the Best Job Ever! and find meaningful, fulfilling and financially rewarding work.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Introduction: My Story and Why You Need This Book
- Chapter 1: You Don't Have to Wait for Your Dream Career to Be Happy
- Chapter 2: Eighty-Seven Percent of Employees Don't Like Their Jobs: Here Are the Top Five Reasons Why and What to Do About It
- Chapter 3: Why You Haven't Changed Anything: Career Fear
- Chapter 4: What If I Don't Know What to Do?
- Chapter 5: Career Excuses: All the Reasons You Don't Have Your Best Job Ever!
- Chapter 6: Career Boredom
- Chapter 7: Redefine Rich
- Chapter 8: Why You Are NOT Stuck in Your Career: The Power of Change
- Chapter 9: What Career and Life Do You Want and Why?
- Chapter 10: You Can Follow Your Passion Without Quitting Your Job
- Chapter 11: Career Plan Step #1: What Is Your Job?
- Chapter 12: Career Plan Step #2: Discover Your Strengths
- Chapter 13: Career Plan Step #3: What Makes You Awesome at Work?
- Chapter 14: Career Plan Step #4: One-, Three-, and Five-Year Plan
- Chapter 15: Career Plan Step #5: The Big “Why?”
- Chapter 16: Career Plan Step #6: Your Community
- Chapter 17: Career Plan Step #7: Identify Both Personal and Professional Barriers to Your Success
- Chapter 18: Career Plan Step #8: Achieving Your Career Plan: The Power of Work
- Chapter 19: Career Plan Step #9: Return on Investment
- Chapter 20: Career Change: Try Before You Buy
- Chapter 21: Money, Finances, and Your Career Change
- Chapter 22: When Everything Goes Wrong
- Chapter 23: Start Doing: Take Focused, Smart Actions
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Best Job Ever!
- Release date: March 2016
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119212317