8The Human Side of Negotiating Tactics
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• List four ways to be assertive in negotiations.
• Explain the importance of demonstrating respect and preserving self-esteem during negotiations.
• Identify several practical approaches to handling difficult people.
• Describe how a weak party can deal with a stronger one.
• Explain the importance of continuous learning.
• Describe the role of attitude and personal preference in negotiations.
BE ASSERTIVE IN PURSUIT OF YOUR INTERESTS
Assertiveness is the ability to communicate and stand up for one’s interests while respecting those of ...