Promote your product using the most visceral form of social media-online video
Learn how to create cost-effective videos, engage your customers, compel them to measurable behaviors (awareness, intent, and purchase), and sustain your brand online. Beyond Viral gives you the tools and tricks to successfully use online video to reach your business goals.
Author Kevin Nalty is the only career marketer who doubles as one of the most-viewed YouTube comedians
Foreword by veteran vlogger David Meerman Scott
First-hand case studies of leading brands include Microsoft, Starbucks, GE, MTV, Mentos, Holiday Inn, and Fox Broadcasting
Learn from the successes of top companies and startups as well as the pitfalls and mistakes many of them are making
Online video has huge potential, mostly untapped. Put your business at the forefront of this important medium with the proven methods described by Beyond Viral.
Table of contents
- About the Author
1. The Least a Marketer Needs to Know
- 1.1. Eight Things Marketers Should Know about Online Video
- 1.2. Evolution of Online-Video Marketing
1.3. Online-Video Marketing Themes
- 1.3.1. Tapping Video Community
- 1.3.2. Quality of the Video Is Not As Important as You Think
- 1.3.3. The Cat on a Skateboard Is More Interesting than Your Brand
- 1.3.4. Online-Video Marketing Does Not Require a Contest
- 1.3.5. Keyword Junk Tagging Doesn't Work
- 1.3.6. Viral Doesn't Mean You Sold Anything
- 1.3.7. Expensive Production Kills ROI
- 1.3.8. Location Is As Important As Content
- 1.3.9. Conservative Organizations Can Play, Too
- 1.3.10. Measurability Is Here
- 1.3.11. Letting Go: Lennie Small
- 1.4. Marketing to Generation ADHD
- 1.5. So You Still Want to Go Viral?
- 2. Flavors of Video: From Skateboarding Cats to Pro
- 3. Viral Video Is Dead
- 4. Video's Role in the Marketing Funnel
- 5. The Most Visceral Form of Social Media
- 6. Inside YouTube
7. Agencies Searching for Role
- 7.1. Learning from the Past
- 7.2. How Agencies Can Engage in Social Media
- 7.3. Cautionary Case Study: The Snack Food Online Video Promo You'll Never See
- 7.4. The Battle of the Bands
- 7.5. Letting Go Can Be Hard to Do
- 7.6. Public Relations versus Marketing
- 7.7. Online-Video Creator as Producer or Distributor?
- 7.8. "Branded Entertainment," the Oxymoron?
- 8. Learning from Online-Video "Stars"
- 9. Marketing via Webstars
- 10. Paid Video Advertising
- 11. Measuring ROI and Performance of Online Video
- 12. Video and Search Engine Optimization
13. How to Get Popular on YouTube
- 13.1. Glossary of Terms
- 13.2. Do You Really Want to Be a YouTube Star?
- 13.3. Understanding the YouTube Community
- 13.4. Methods behind the Madness
- 13.5. Collaborate with Other YouTubers
- 13.6. Going Beyond YouTube: "Seeding"
- 13.7. Avoid These Tricks at All Costs
- 13.8. How to Make Videos You and Others Will Enjoy
- 13.9. Conclusion and Summary
- 14. Can You Make Money from Online Video?
- 15. Guerrilla Video for Entrepreneurs and Cause-Related Marketing
- 16. Learning from Obama Girl
- 17. Insider Information: Behind the Curtain
- 18. The Future of Online Video
- Title: Beyond Viral: How to Attract Customers, Promote Your Brand, and Make Money with Online Video
- Release date: September 2010
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470598887
You might also like
Network Defense and Countermeasures: Principles and Practices, Third edition
All you need to know about defending networks, in one book Clearly explains concepts, terminology, challenges, …
Blending different generations, genders, and cultures brings energy and fresh perspectives to the workplace. But the …
Secret Millionaires Club: Warren Buffett's 26 Secrets to Success in the Business of Life
Priceless finance advice everyone can relate to from one of the world's most respected businessmen and …
Social Engineering: The Art of Human Hacking
The first book to reveal and dissect the technical aspect of many social engineering maneuvers From …