Unique insights to implement big data analytics and reap big returns to your bottom line
Focusing on the business and financial value of big data analytics, respected technology journalist Frank J. Ohlhorst shares his insights on the newly emerging field of big data analytics in Big Data AnalyticsM. This breakthrough book demonstrates the importance of analytics, defines the processes, highlights the tangible and intangible values and discusses how you can turn a business liability into actionable material that can be used to redefine markets, improve profits and identify new business opportunities.
Reveals big data analytics as the next wave for businesses looking for competitive advantage
Takes an in-depth look at the financial value of big data analytics
Offers tools and best practices for working with big data
Once the domain of large on-line retailers such as eBay and Amazon, big data is now accessible by businesses of all sizes and across industries. From how to mine the data your company collects, to the data that is available on the outside, Big Data Analytics shows how you can leverage big data into a key component in your business's growth strategy.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: What is Big Data?
- Chapter 2: Why Big Data Matters
- Chapter 3: Big Data and the Business Case
- Chapter 4: Building the Big Data Team
- Chapter 5: Big Data Sources
- Chapter 6: The Nuts and Bolts of Big Data
- Chapter 7: Security, Compliance, Auditing, and Protection
- Chapter 8: The Evolution of Big Data
- Chapter 9: Best Practices for Big Data Analytics
- Chapter 10: Bringing it All Together
- Appendix: Supporting Data
- About the Author
- Title: Big Data Analytics: Turning Big Data into Big Money
- Release date: November 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118239049